Wheel Clamp

General chat and discussions
GeoffR

Wheel Clamp

Postby GeoffR » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi. Ive recently purchased a Fleetwood Colchester 500-4EB, year 2002. Ive got a millenco wheel clamp, the type that hooks over the top of wheel with side arms that push in. My problem is that the clearance between the wheel and wheel arch is so small I cant fit it. The wheels appear to be correct as specified and are fitted with 195 70 14 tyres. The outside edge of the tyres at certain points is outside the inside edge of the wheel arch. Ive contacted millenco who said it shouldnt be a problem so before buying a different clamp thought Id seek advice from others. Thanks in advance

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wheel Clamp

Postby AllanandJackie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Congrats on your purchase!!

Not all wheel clamps fit every caravan, but surprised Milenco say it should be OK?? I assume your wheel clamp is not new otherwise you should take it back for a refund.

Fleetwoods are known to be a somewhat tight fit around the arches, and lots of clamps fit.

Best way to select a wheel clamp is to have the diamensions with you and make sure you can take it back if it doesn't fit, for a full refund and not a voucher to spend in their shop. It's also helpful to involve the sales guys with your selection.

GeoffR

Re: Wheel Clamp

Postby GeoffR » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi, thanks for reply. The clamp is not a new one I've used it on my previous caravans so not one to take back! The only clamp I can see that will fit is the milenco compact. A down side with this is that the caravan has steel wheels and the wheel trim needs to be removed for the clamp to fit. Any information on a better clamp will be appreciated

Return to “General”