Advice touring Europe

General chat and discussions
limecc
Super Hero
Super Hero

Advice touring Europe

Postby limecc » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm planning the main holiday for 2011 already, and would love to take the van to southwest France. Has anyone gone this far afield and can you offer any advice?

I thought about an overnight ferry to Bilbao in Spain, and then to drive a few miles north to the great beaches in the Bordeaux region. Would the extra cost be prohibitive or are there cheap deals to be had? Maybe I would drive back and cross Calais-Dover, but then there are tolls and extra fuel cost.

I have just got the Eurocamp Independent brochure that has all the sites for tourers in it. It seems great - pity I left it in the van! Must go fetch..
Passat V6 4Motion & Heritage 640EB = 94%

necchiboy

Re: Advice touring Europe

Postby necchiboy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi
We have taken our Heritage over to France for the last two years and will be again this year, we use the tunnel with our Tesco points which cost very little, i have heard that the crossing to Bilbao is stopping this year so the only other crossing is to Santander.
We enjoy France its not cheap bujt we have always had good weather.
There are a few thinks to remember, high vis vest for all the people in the car, bulb kit, first aid kit and a warning triangle.
Fuel is about the same as the UK and the toll from Calis to south of Paris was about ?22.00.
The French sites have very large pitches and the site we use Eurocamp has very good setup.
Hope This Helps

David

Return to “General”