[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
LED Lighting - Fleetwood Owners Club

LED Lighting

General chat and discussions
limecc
Super Hero
Super Hero

LED Lighting

Postby limecc » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Has anyone experience of LED lightbulbs?

I was browsing the caktanks catalogue and saw they do virtually all conventional bulbs used by Fleetwood in LED form, and I was particularly interested in the G4 ones. Do they compare well to halogen, or should I save my money? Having said this, they are so cheap on Ebay they are virtually irresistable.

Paul.
Passat V6 4Motion & Heritage 640EB = 94%

JaG

Re: LED Lighting

Postby JaG » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:17 pm

I have changed all of mine in the Heritage, though I have gone back to halogen on some. I have kept the reading lamp on LED, though they are not brilliant. The roof light ones are useless so I am going to put in 2 strip LED ones that will fit and solder the ends to the festoon terminals. I have gone back to halogen above the sink/cooker.
As we now have an 80w Solar Panel I am not too bothered about being without power, even running the colour TV.

limecc
Super Hero
Super Hero

Re: LED Lighting

Postby limecc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:15 pm

I know what you mean about some LED's not being brilliant (pun). It's important to get the ones based around Cree type technology where a clusters of conventional LED's would not hold a candle (sorry), to the single Cree. I've spent hours researching, here's a great intro: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=270419

The technology has moved on such that the latest offerings are on par with HID's - but at a price (for now).
See: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=283966

Some of the highly regarded hand-held lights like the Dereelight DBS and Raidfire have been cloned in China and can be had for as little as ?20 inc overseas delivery, but you'd need Lithium 18650 batteries and charger which would add another tenner. One of my clones is better focussed and throws further than my genuine Raidfire! Here's two of the best places to order:
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.999
http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=5558

We need a new thread starting on Solar Panels. I'm extremely interested.
I've attached an image of my intended MR11 purchases.
Attachments
Ebay seller lustrumlight-uk.jpg
Last edited by limecc on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Passat V6 4Motion & Heritage 640EB = 94%

Return to “General”