FLEETWOOD VOLANTE 560/4

General chat and discussions
TB

FLEETWOOD VOLANTE 560/4

Postby TB » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:29 am

Greetings members.
We thought it would be of interest for you to know that our Volante arrived in New Zealand last week.
We purchased this one from Reading in June and had it shipped over here, the main point being the single beds layout. Thelma & I had found it too hot sleeping in transverse double during the summer touring. (Bailey Vendee)
I phoned the shipper on arrival and asked if it was likely that Customs & MAF would pass it without going thru the Wash or Fumigation process. No way, he replied,its the grubbiest here and would be a couple of days. I had already prepaid to have it cleaned in UK prior to shipping so the reply did not ring true.Jumped in the 4 x 4 and went to Auckland to check it out. We found the chief in charge who took us to the washbay. Filthy it was, but an Elddis not a Fleetwood. Oh, yours is the very clean one in the corner.Needless to say we were hooked up in 30 minutes and started on our five hour trip back to New Plymouth. Taranaki ,North Island.
We are so thrilled with the caravan, so clean, no dings or dents. Just a high light lens missing.
The 2005 model looks as tho its been stored under cover, the paintwork and cabinetry exquisite.
We have comenced the installation of a Solar Panel and addittional battery, ready for Freedom Camping.
Can I ask if the Alde 3000 heating system can be operated on a DEMAND ON/OFF basis.,we certainly would never utilise the preset times arrangement. Would be preferable to delete all the times and be able to switch on and off as and when required. The other one thing, are Fleetwood clocks still available please?
Thelma & I would appreciate any helpful hints with the internal /external operation of the van.
Perhaps Alan Jenkins or someone could advise me on the heating.
We look forward to hearing from any member, don't hesitate to email us at " tonythelma@xtra.co.nz "

KInd regards to all
Tony & Thelma Bilbe
New Plymouth
NEW ZEALAND

limecc
Super Hero
Super Hero

Re: FLEETWOOD VOLANTE 560/4

Postby limecc » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for letting us know how you have been getting on!
Please keep us up to date. Wonderful reading.

The clocks were available from O'Leary Motorhomes, but I notice they are no longer on the website. Best to email and check availability. If it's just the common problem of the hour hand being slightly out lke for me, I fixed it by pulling it off and replacing in the correct position.

Regards,
Paul.

TB

Postby TB » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks for your advice re the Clocks Paul. Visit to a local watchmaker had the problem repaired at "Senior's Rates"???.
Have been working steadily preparing the Volante for the summer touring, 5 to 6 months,Need to wait until the RWC is over and we are off after that.
Have tracked down a Towing Protector at Specialized Covers and now need to try to pick up a "Fleetwood: center wheel cap from somewhere.
Other than that, temperatures are on the improve. Our UK grandkids go back home tomorrow.(have had them for two weeks.) Been up skiing on Ruapehu and swimming down at the indoor complex everyday.
Cheers, Happy to talk or send you any NZ infirmation.
Tony & Thelma
NEW ZEALAND.

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Where about's in NZ are you??

Jackie's niece Beth has been in NY for around 3 years and got herself hitched up with a KIWI when she was in Australia 5 years ago. We met him 4 years ago, nice guy, very nearly took over the village cricket team captaincy in the Midlands during his 4 week stay in our country, as I said, nice guy.

Beth is currently in the UK, we’ve all been together this last week end in New Quay, WALES, Beth’s family in an apartment and Jackie and I in our Fleetwood Caravan on a camp site near the coast.

What’s your travel itinerary for your forthcoming trip? Will you guys be stationed on one place or travel around; we’d love to have some pics to place on our web site.

Allan.

Return to “General”