Replacing a Microwave in a Heritage 640-ES

General chat and discussions
TomandGill

Replacing a Microwave in a Heritage 640-ES

Postby TomandGill » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:11 pm

How do we get the old Sharp microwave out of its compartment? It seems to be well and truly fixed!

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Replacing a Microwave in a Heritage 640-ES

Postby AllanandJackie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm not sure what year your 640 is but it's a simple job of removing the lower facia trim to reveal the fixings, shouldn’t take you more than 10 mins.

TomandGill

Postby TomandGill » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Thank you for prompt reply. Can't see how to get the facsia off (which belongs to the freezer that's under the microwave) and I'm afraid to force it in case I split the plastic . Any ideas?

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:18 pm

If it's not obvious then don't force it, I'll contact a member who has a 2004 - 640 to see what he says, it might take a day or so to get a reply though.

richardB

Postby richardB » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:15 pm

The starting place that I can see is to open door of microwave, and remove 2 downward pointing screws holding strip of wood across the front of bottom of microwave.
Pull microwave forward, lifting slightly to clear lip, it's a very tight fit ! Don't forget to unplug from socket in wardrobe !!
Hope this helps,
Richard

TomandGill

Postby TomandGill » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Just got back from caravan
Couldn't see the screws you meant at first because they had been veneered over!
Once we'd lifted that we could get at the screws and this undid the shelf that the oven was screwed to and we could pull the microwave out (- along with the shelf it was attached to!)
It was then a matter of uncrewing the microwave from that piece of wood. Fleetwood had made holes on the outercasing of the oven to hold it firmly to the wood underneath it!!!!!!!!!

The new microwave has been installed but is slightly smaller than the Sharp and could not be screwed to the wood -would have had to drill thro casing!
So we will have to take it out when moving to be on the safe side!

Thank you v much for your help. Hope our explanation is clear enough to help others in future.

JohnM

Postby JohnM » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:31 am

A good fix to secure the microwave would be to use a double sided tape . Firstly affix the tape to the bottom of the microwave, remove the cover tape from the other side. Use two pieces of timber to act as slides (which will lift ,icrowave above the shelf level) slide in to position and the remove the timber slides and the microwave will then sit on the shelf asnd be held in place.

Return to “General”