Porch Awning for a 1995 Garland

General chat and discussions
Webmaster

Porch Awning for a 1995 Garland

Postby Webmaster » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Simeon asks:

We have an old 1995 model and I am struggling to get a porch awning to fit as the caravan sits very low and as such the awning never sits tight against the van.

Do you have any suggestions?

Webmaster

Re: Porch Awning for a 1995 Garland

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:29 pm

The size of porch awnings is determined by measure vertically from the ground to the awning rail I beleive'.
I used to have one that came with a pole which fitted to the left of the door and had a sponge pad to fit behind it to prevent damage to the van. Cannot remember the make.
My current awning is a PYRAMID MINI WEEKENDER PORCH AWNING I purchased from e bay. It has the new style folding poles.
When starting to peg out I always start close to the van to ensure the fabric is close up to the van and sometimes put the first peg just under the van to help. Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards Dennis

Webmaster

Re: Porch Awning for a 1995 Garland

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm

We have porch awning we no longer use. It is still watertight and sound. We have used it on Fleetwood Garland (89 and 96 models). It is a NR porch awning. in green.
We can take it to Metheringham (rally at the beginning of August) or if they live in our area they can pick it up.

Marj

Return to “General”