Sonata Symphony Table

General chat and discussions
Webmaster

Sonata Symphony Table

Postby Webmaster » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Tracey asks:

My parents recently bought the above caravan. The main table in the sitting area is causing a problem being up all the time. Is there a specific place that this can be stored within the caravan.
Many thanks for your help.

Webmaster

Re: Sonata Symphony Table

Postby Webmaster » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Geoff replied:

We experience the same problem, the table is on the large side and is difficult to squeeze in and manoeuvre around . There is not really anywhere this can be stored with ease. The only possible place is under the fixed bed, even then, there are supports and braces to work around. With a heavy table beware of back injury !

With awning up, its kept in there most of time. But, beware of condensation dripping onto it and getting between the laminate and wood edging.

If no awning, you either leave behind and use small table at side.

Without table, there is no where to put your cuppa if you sat in lounge area. Never been a fan of the draw and table at the front...but have to say after 2 yrs with Sonata I appreciate them.

Its where Fleetwood/Adria traded contemporary looks for practicality.

Also check kitchen drawer edges as they have a tendency to de laminate on top edges and there are no spares. After much searching I have found a fix, if any fleetwood owners want a repair please contact me

Hope this helps

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Jason and Lisa replied:

Yes the table is very bulky and difficult to get around when just wanting to sit around it. Other than putting it in the awning there is no place to store it. We decided to take the top off and fix a smaller top. This helped with sitting around the table .
We made it so that it still fits to make up the bed with the need for a couple of wooden slats and side supports down the side of the seats.

We can send you photos of this if it helps

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Lorraine & Dave replied:

No there isn't. If we take ours with us we put it in the awning during the day, as there are only the 2 of us. In fact we tend to leave it at home most of the time & just sit at the dinette table. Your mum could always lift the fixed bed up & keep it in there??

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 am

Kev replied

Unfortunately this is probably the only bug bearer of the layout of this van, we have found that if you turn it around so the legs are facing to the front it will slide back part way under the front seating area to give a little bit more room, also if its only the two of us we leave it at home and use a small fold up table.
The new Adria version I believe has a cupboard to accommodate pitty they didnt think of it before (my Sonata was made by Adria when they took over so I am told)

Hope this helps

Return to “General”