Water supply to the shower

General chat and discussions
Webmaster

Water supply to the shower

Postby Webmaster » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:52 am

Roger asked:

I have just purchased a 2006 Meridien 560/4EK.

I have a Problem at the moment where the shower does not have a water supply.. Is the tap microswitched? We hoping to get away this weekend and ,any advice please

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Water supply to the shower

Postby AllanandJackie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 am

Congrats on your purchase!!

I assume the other water outlets work and only the shower is inoperative. I can't be definitive on your year; because Fleetwood changed over systems in 2006, but think you have a submersible pump which you locate within the aqua roll.

If that is the case you do have the micro switch shower valve, have someone check that the pump is operating or not when the shower valve is fully opened.

If it's not running, it could be the m/sw is not working,or there could be a blockage, disconnect the flex pipe from the valve to the shower head, as sometimes the inners collapse, and operate the shower valve again.

If you have the on-board water pump, normally located under the sink unit let me know and I can take you through a few tests to determine what's at fault.

Hope that helps,

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am

Roger replied:

Thank you for you reply.
This a strange problem as it appears that the supply to the shower is obstructed , the pump operates for the two sinks as normal.
The shower tap is vertical and I have removed the cold element and there is water coming from the body of the tap, similarly the hot element has no water either. I am wondering if the pipes have an in line tap which may be turned off. .
Other than that it appears a complete mystery.
I think the pipes are Teed from the washroom sink so they must be behind the sink/cupboard assembly.
I am going to have a look and will let you know what I find

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:58 am

It's not uncommon for the pipes to be kinked or flattened along their route, that will obviously restrict the water flow, so it's worth checking the lines from the location they come into the caravan through to the shower valve, and of course the hot line from the water heater.

To my knowledge there are no in line valves fitted as standard, not unless a previous owner has done so. It's something worth checking though.

Keep me posted on how you get on.

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 am

Roger replied:

Hi,
I found the problem to be the tap. The non return valves were jammed shut. I had to cut a hole behind the Mirror in the toilet area and access the tap from there . I also had to remove the sink/unit from the toilet area to gain access to the shower supply pipes. However it was still a very time consuming job as the access hole was not really large enough.I had to modify some spanners to fit the pipes,but now after replacing the tap it is all now working correctly. The assumption is that the tap was not drained out properly and frost was probably the culprit.

Return to “General”