Heater control 2004 Colchester 560EK

General chat and discussions
RobertandSandra

Heater control 2004 Colchester 560EK

Postby RobertandSandra » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi There

My wife and myself recently purchased a 2004 Colchester 560EK but are at a loss with the heater control.We have played with the two control knobs but do not understand the significance of the numbers !
The one by the door we have managed to turn on the fan in the electric mode but receive heat through the door duct only. The other control under the lounge seat (two !) does not seem to do anything, the question one asks is why are there two controls in the first place..
The caravan had a full service after the purchase and no faults were found.

Thank you in advance - new members Robert and Sandra
Answers on a postcard please - ::)

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Heater control 2004 Colchester 560EK

Postby AllanandJackie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi guys and a big welcome to our Club and the forums…………….

I take it from what you’ve said you don’t have a copy of the Owners Handbook.
As others on this site will confirm the controller located low down is for the Truma Ultrastore water heater and as such has nothing to do with the blown air heating, where the outer rotary control serves to switch ON & OFF the heater while the inner rotary control adjusts the water temp when on gas only.

So it’s the other controller that we need to concentrate on.
The Truma Ultraheat, where the outer rotary control moves through the power settings of 2000 – zero – 500 – 1000 watts. The inner rotary control sets the temp through 1-3-5-7-9 to control the set point temp in the caravan.

If your controller is different, can you either post a picture on the forum or pm me

RobertandSandra

Postby RobertandSandra » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Again,

As you mentioned the caravan did not have an instruction manual. However your description ties in with the controls on our caravan. You have helped tremendously - Many Thanks R and S

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Just let us know if you need an Owners Handbook. We can send you a CD copy for a £10 donation to the Club plus £2 p+p.

Return to “General”