Is the CRIS system worthwhile?

General chat and discussions
farmerboy

Is the CRIS system worthwhile?

Postby farmerboy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:43 am

I have recently bought my Fleetwood van and have had occassion to call CRIS for the hpi type check that they do. On the 1st occasion (Bailey Senator Wyoming) they confirmed that everything was ok but on inspection of the van it was obvious that the van had been in a quite serious collision (obviously not reported to Cris). On the second occasion (Fleetwood heritage) they confirmed that everything was ok but when I bought the van and called Cris to notify them of a change of keeper they did not have the seller as the registered keeper - ie he had not bothered to inform Cris that he was a new keeper.... so......
it appears that they only know what people tell them! I am hoping that they have a more sophisticated system for checking outstanding loans etc!!!!!

The idea is great but I have serious doubts regarding how valid or accurate or useful a Cris check really is!

It is also a bit sad - long waits on the phone - that they do not have an automated system (like the one for cars) and neither do they put anything in writing or send an email or text with the results of my £14 check.

Room for improvement methinks?

john
Heritage 640 ESD 2009 - pulled by a Discovery 2

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is the CRIS system worthwhile?

Postby AllanandJackie » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:45 am

I think your correct on this one, if everyone does what they are supposed too then all is well otherwise it leaves a lot to be desired.

Remember you can register with CRIS without any payment to them,, but of course you won't get the certificate, but who needs that when your registered. I had this long discussion with them when I purchased my caravan some time ago on this subject and they were reluctant to disclose this at the time, think it saved me £30 five years ago.

Return to “General”