[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
New to the club..... - Fleetwood Owners Club

New to the club.....

General chat and discussions
HemiJace

New to the club.....

Postby HemiJace » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to the club and thought I'd say hi and share some info.

I have had many caravans over the years but this year bought the Fleetwood, with 4 children it is the best for our needs. I wanted to share some technical information with you, and I apologize in advance if you are already aware of the following but this took me ages to figure out and I thought I may be able to save someone else the head-banging I went through to figure it out!

We just came back from a weekend away, I detached the caravan from the back of my vehicle and noticed the 12s grey wire had been chaffing on the tow hitch, and had gone right through the red wire down to the copper. Not a problem I thought - I'm a sparky by trade so this is an easy fix. I hooked the caravan up to the mains only to find the fridge didn't work, subsequently tried the gas on the fridge and this didn't work either, I flipped the 12v switch on and found the Alde control panel didn't work also. I found the car 20 amp fuse had blown - and replaced it, but nothing, still no power to the fridge and Alde control panel. After stripping half the interior out of the caravan and going through all the fuses and relays etc (and this is a real task given where they sited the fuse / control panel!) I found in the top of the Alde heater box, under the seat nearest the sink, where all the wires go into the top left there are two 3.15 amp fuses located. The one on the right had blown. I replaced this, and to my shear amazement both the Fridge and the Alde panel now work as normal! Even as a sparks there is no way I figured out that a fuse in the heater box could control the fridge! I wanted to share this to save someone else the frustrations that I went through!!
2004 Dodge Ram Quad-Cab 5.7 Hemi Sport
345 HP / 375 lb/ft torque
48% tow load:
2007 Fleetwood Heritage 640ES.

JimandWendy

Re: New to the club.....

Postby JimandWendy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:46 pm

A useful tip, thanks. There's a picture of where the fuses are in this link

It's a shame we don't have easy to read wiring diagrams for Fleetwoods - the one in my manual needs an electron microscope to make any sense of it :)
2009 Heritage 560/4

Return to “General”