New members

General chat and discussions
PeteS

New members

Postby PeteS » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi All,

We're new to caravanning, we've been roughty toughty campers for years but we've had enough of all that rolling around on the floor, packing wet tents away only to have to try to get them dry when we get home again malarkey, so we're proud owners of a 2002 Heritage 600ES!

It's been 20 yrs since I last looked inside a caravan, I can't believe the luxury! Central heating, a huge fridgefreezer better than the one in our kitchen, piped music, massive double bed, hot showers and even air conditioning! we should have done it years ago ;D

Had some fun towing it back the 160miles from wales to pick it up, my old 1995 Land Rover 90 really felt the strain as the transmission got hotter than she'd ever been before! Trusty old gal got us home in one piece tho, felt like towing a small bungalow! Think I'll be investing in some smaller tyres as the 165/75/16's effect the gearing ratio a bit more than I thought!

Big thanks to Jackie for sorting my login & manual download in double quick time, I didn't get any manuals with the van so I'd been scratching my head a bit. Thanks to all the contributors to the technical sections, answered all my questions without me asking them! I now have a full compliment of manuals for all the gubbins in the van, great stuff!

Still have a bit of a snag list to work though until we set off for Anglesey in Nov with our two Springer Spanniels in tow, hope the old 90 doesn't let us down!

See you on the road,
Pete, June, Willow & Meg
Pete & June

02 Heritage 600ES towed by a 1995 Land Rover Defender 90 Hard Top

Return to “General”