[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Heritage 560-4 Replacement Tyres - Fleetwood Owners Club

Heritage 560-4 Replacement Tyres

General chat and discussions
Webmaster

Heritage 560-4 Replacement Tyres

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:55 am

Posted on our Facebook Page

Hiya, My Fleetwood Heritage 560-4 needs two new tyres. the recommended size is 175/65 R14 99/98. I need this load rating because the caravan max. weight is 1500 kgs.

I am finding it impossible to find this specific size tyre. I cannot go to a larger diameter tyre because the wheel box height is very restrictive. Any idea which tyre size other members are using - or what they are using as a substitute?

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Heritage 560-4 Replacement Tyres

Postby AllanandJackie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:56 am

Hi thanks for your note. The tyre you quote is the correct size for your caravan, go for the 99 and not the 98. Can I ask where have you tried to locate this tyre size from?
In my experience these tyres are not listed on the Internet by many distributors but they can normally obtain them for you on a next day basis.
Tech Officer, Fleetwood Owners Club

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:58 am

Jean replies

I have tried my local tyre retailers. And when they said they could not source this particular size tyre I then e-mailed Firestone, Michelin, Avon, Goodyear, Pirelli, Dunlop. Hancook, Matador, Continental a d they all replied that they do not make this tyre.

So I am now completely out of ideas. Of anyone out there knows where to get them from I would really appreciate it.

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:59 am

Did the tyre distributor offer you an alternative?

We have quite a few members who have the same caravan as you, I'll check to see how they have overcome this and get back to you

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:00 am

Jean replies

I do appreciate you helping me with this problem. It was only a few months ago that I had a double tyre blowout, and the only tyres that the tyre distributor could get with a 99 load index were 175/80 r14. These got me home, but being 26mm bigger in profile the top of the tyre was hitting the underside of the wheel arch. So now I am trying to find the correct size and not having any luck with any tyre distributor in my area (E. Sussex) all they can offer me with a load index of 99 is the tyre I have on at the moment. I would be very grateful if you could ask any members with the same caravan what tyre they are using and if they are the correct size, where on earth did they get them from?

JimandWendy

Postby JimandWendy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:33 pm

From new my 560-4 was fitted with GT Maxmiler CX 175R14C tyres, load index 99 (775kg), max 65 psi.

As they were coming up to six years old I replaced them last year with exact same tyres obtained from a local tyre fitter - John Woods in Hereford, but they are readily available elsewhere, as are other brands in this size.

These are 80 profile and I have never had a problem with them rubbing on the wheel arches. I would suggest there could be an issue with the caravan suspension.
2009 Heritage 560/4

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:00 pm

RichardM says

Heritage tyres
NAN KANG NK VAN CW-25

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:01 pm

RayH says

I think this owner may be getting a bit confused as to tyre sizes.He needs 175 r14 heavy duty 8 ply tyres for his 560/4.
This will give him the speed/weight he requires.They are used on vans /trailers all over and are widely available on line for approx. £50 each
NOTE:: He does not need 65 % aspect ratio tyres!!
Hope this helps.

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:02 pm

ChrisB says

Our tyres are Linam R51s 175/R14C8PR 99/98P 65psi, supplied and fitted by YC Leisure Bawtry. Happy to help further if needed.

We intend to replace our van tyres with Hankook as they have a very low rolling resistance

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:04 pm

Julie & Ian said

We had our replacement tyre for our 560-4 from ATS Euromaster Ltd ; the tyre was exactly the same fitment as the original (make & size).

Details: MAXMILER CX GT RADIAL 175 R14C 8PR LT

The guy in ATS ordered the tyre in & it was there the next day, think it was £79
Hope this helps.

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:13 am

Marshall says

I will also be very interested in the solution to this problem, my 560/4 is a 2008 which means the tyres should be changed although they have done very little mileage.

I had the car tyres changed recently and made enquires at the time re my Caravans existing steel radials. I was told these are no longer available but can be replaced with a thicker walled tyre then that used on a car.

and RichardM says

to be honest mine is still on its original tyres

JeanH

Postby JeanH » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:17 pm

I would like to thank all the members who gave me the feed back I required in sorting out my quest for the original spec tyres for my 560-4.
It turns out that the original 175/65 r14 99-98 is no longer made or available (apart from some old stock Pirelli's - not to be recommended) and that all the owners who have replied with their replacement sizes have fitted the very adequate light van tyre 175/14c 99-98. This tyre has a profile of 80 making it some 1 inch bigger in radius, which I think makes not a jot of difference to most owners. I have however got evidence marks on the underside of the wheel arch, of the tyre occasionally touching and possibly damaging it. So perhaps it may be my caravan suspension that might be a tad low. I shall ask my caravan engineer if the suspension is adjustable and take it from there. - Once again many thanks for all your contributions

limecc
Super Hero
Super Hero

Postby limecc » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:04 am

Hi Jean welcome to the club.

I was fine moving to from 13" to 14" wheels but that was on my old Vanroyce.

Whatever choice of tyre I would definitely recommend fitting the AlKo shock absorbers which are very reasonably priced and can be fitted by any DIY type in minutes.

The van will not bounce around and will be far more stable when towed. Damped wheels would probably deflect a shorter distance with single bump but I imagine some extra travel if an undamped caravan was already on the rebound after a hard landing and it got another heavy compression.

If you already have shocks please disregard this post. If not there's a good thread or two on the subject in the forum.

Regards, Paul

JimandWendy

Postby JimandWendy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:47 pm

175/65 14" tyres are 583mm overall diameter.
175/80 14" tyres are 636mm overall diameter, so 53mm bigger, approximately 1 inch increase on radius.

I toyed with the idea of going for 185/75 14" tyres which are 50mm bigger, but are available in 102 load index which gives a better margin of safety on weight carrying capacity. However they are 10mm wider and wasn't sure the 5mm increase either side would fit in the wheel arch.

You can play around with tyre sizes at

In terms of suspension issues has the OP weighed their van recently to check whether they are overloaded ?
2009 Heritage 560/4

Return to “General”