Hello all

General chat and discussions
Lornaandchris

Hello all

Postby Lornaandchris » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi Everyone ;D

Just thought we'd introduce ourselves after joining the club. My name is Lorna, my husband is Chris and our daughter is Georgia (11). We've just joined after upgrading our first van (and deciding that we love caravanning) to a Fleetwood. Our new van is a Fleetwood Chatsworth SE and were very happy with her so far. She seems like luxury compared to our first 'tester' van which was a lovely little Abbey made in 1998.

I've just found the handbooks in the 1998 dropbox so we now have a little information but our model seems light on the ground for information. Am I right in thinking there weren't that many made between 1998 and 2000? Any other info anyone has would be gratefully received...

She's in lovely condition anyway and with our new 'central heating' we shall be attending our first rally in December so hope to see some of you there

Kind regards
Lorna

limecc
Super Hero
Super Hero

Re: Hello all

Postby limecc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi and welcome to the club!

Sorry personally don't know too much about older Fleetwoods I hope someone else on here can answer.

Kind regards,
Paul

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:53 am

Hi Lorna
You have a Special van with the Chatsworth and they would have been limited in number. We have only seen one when we were in Tenby back in 2012, it was lovely inside.
The Specials were generally based on a standard model then added to, may be to test the market or may be to use up stock from options or higher spec models. You may be able to work out what you have that is different to those of the same layout in the Sales Brochure (also in the Dropbox folder for the year).

Looking forward to seeing yours and meeting you on the Christmas Rally
Jackie & Allan

Lornaandchris

Postby Lornaandchris » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Thankyou both for the welcome :)

I meant to write that our first van was made in 1988 (not 1998) so that will explain Why our new van is so much more luxurious to us.

Anyway, happy travels and thanks for the info so far! :)

Kind regards
Lorna

Return to “General”