Thetford 200 CWE Modification

Many folks like to do a bit of DIY on their van, repairs, modifications etc. Why not share with others.
DavidS

Thetford 200 CWE Modification

Postby DavidS » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Thetford Toilet Mod

Whenever I drained down the flush tank on my Thetford 200 CWE toilet, I ended up with a lot of water sloshing about in the bottom of the casette compartment.

Having read various articles I discovered that later models are fitted with a drain tube, rather than just a bung.
After contacting Thetford who informed me that this drain tube was not compatible with my toilet. I then searched online and found the drain tube for a C250CWE toilet which I subsequently purchased for just under £10.
After cutting off the ribbed end, which was far too big for my flush tank, I then wound on about 6 layers of insulation tape until
it was a snug fit in the outlet hole of my flush tank.
Once satisfied with the fit I applied silicone sealer to the tape area of the tube, and inserted it into the tank with a slight twisting motion, then left it to set.
After a couple of days drying time (cold weather), I refilled the flush tank, and everything was watertight.
Problem solved I could now empty the flush tank without water getting into the compartment or splashing all over my feet.
Attachments
Exhisting drain plug removed.jpg
Exhisting drain plug removed.jpg (45.25 KiB) Viewed 11649 times
New Drain tube with end cut off & Tape applied.jpg
New Drain tube with end cut off & Tape applied.jpg (37.25 KiB) Viewed 11649 times
The Completed Mofification.jpg
The Completed Mofification.jpg (54.66 KiB) Viewed 11649 times

Return to “What did you do to your caravan/motorhome this week?”