covers and dehumidifiers for caravans

Many folks like to do a bit of DIY on their van, repairs, modifications etc. Why not share with others.
Flyingscotsman1

covers and dehumidifiers for caravans

Postby Flyingscotsman1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi All Please let me introduce myself and my good lady wife John and Ray Clark, we are both of Scottish decent but now reside in beautiful Buckinghamshire. Could i have your thoughts on caravan covers and dehumidifies as i intend purchasing both before the onset of winter and have read various for and against arguments for using these products.

Our caravan is in imaculate condition and as such we intend keeping it so, it is a 2009 654 i which has had very little use.

Look forward to your comments please.

limecc
Super Hero
Super Hero

Re: covers and dehumidifiers for caravans

Postby limecc » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:01 am

Hi, and welcome!

Did you know the club has negotiated a discount with Specialized Caravan Covers? They also put the Fleetwood logo on the front.

Personally I wouldn't be without one and I definitately wouldn't get a generic 'bag' because of the damage they can cause. Although it's breatheable it's still worthwhile using dehumidifier traps inside. I wash and polish the van before I fit it.

If you take care not to introduce dirt on the inside of the cover there are no cons except the initial cost and effort to put on, but they pay for themselves by keeping paint oxidation at bay, reducing the number of times you have to polish, and keeping water out of joints where it would otherwise eventually ingress and lead to damp. I only fit it once a year at the season end (nov-mar).

If you try a search there are a number of threads on covers here, Allan compared materials of Specialized and ProTec.

Return to “What did you do to your caravan/motorhome this week?”