ARE WARRANTIES TRANSFERABLE

News from Fleetwood Owners Club
coutts

ARE WARRANTIES TRANSFERABLE

Postby coutts » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:21 pm

hi everyone myself[mark]and maureen have just joined . we purchased a nearly new van private and have contacted the dealers with regard to warranty telling us it is null and void and non transferable.anyone in same situation and are they within their right?Also previous keeper mislaid service and handbook he  says dealer can't help ,can anyone advise. ??? Regards mark.

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ARE WARRANTIES TRANSFERABLE

Postby AllanandJackie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:38 am

Hi and welcome to the Club.

Prior to the demise of Fleetwood, last Jan, you would have been able to go back to them, paid a fee of around 200 pounds and they would have transferred the first years warranty to you which would have been directly with the manufacturer and the work carried out by one of Fleetwoods dealers, normally the dealer where the caravan was purchsed. The 2/3yrs would also have been covered through Fleetwood but via an Insurance company. If you were the original purchaser of the van you have rights under the sale of goods act in which the selling dealer has a legal obligation to correct any defects for the first 12 months irrespective of whether the manufacturer is still in business or not, because your contact is with the dealer not the manufacturer. However, this is no longer the case and in your position as you purchased your van private the chain of responsibility has been broken between buyer and seller. there is however an option which you can take. You can go directly to the Insurance company to purchase the 2/3 yrs cover, it will cost approx 275 pounds per yr, but you will need to have your caravan serviced by an authorised dealer when it is 12 months old. I am currenty out of the country but on my return will forward you the details of the insurance company. Hope this helps,  regards, Allanand Jackie.

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:47 am

Mark,Concerning the handbook let me know what year your van is as I think we can pdf a copy to you. Incidentally the Owners Handbook does have a section on service records which will be forwarded to you at thr same time. Regards, Allanand Jackie.

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi,
Detail of the Insurance Company as Promissed :

MB&G  07939551115

Let me know how you get on.
Regards,

Allan.

coutts

Postby coutts » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi Allan,
Our caravan is a 2007 Fleetwood Heritage 640 CB do you have the manuals for one of these?
Regards
Maureen

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Maureen,

I don't currently have the 2007 handbook, but I know where I can obtain one, and am planning to scan this into a PDF file during our next Rally in early December, so I should be in a position to transfer it to you prior to Xmas.
Regards,
Allan.

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi Maureen
We now have a pdf of a 2007 manual if you still need it. 
If you'd prefer a hard copy we found the publisher who is Preset Graphics Ltd. Suite 1-3, first Floor, Litchurch Plaza, Litchurch Lane, Derby, Derbyshire DE24 8AA
Tel: 01332 549278

Handbooks are ?10 each plus post and packaging.

Let me know if you still want the pdf.  I can either copy to disk and let you know cost of postage or send it electronically when we're in a 3G signal area.

Return to “Fleetwood news”