External Gas BBQ point

General chat and discussions
Flyingscotsman1

External Gas BBQ point

Postby Flyingscotsman1 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi al, hope someone can help me where is the external gas bbq isolating valve located in a 2009 Heritage 86Oi there is no mention of the location in the owners hand book my service engineer says all caravan manufactured after 2000 must have an isolating valve. I cannot get my bbq to operate when connected to the caravan.

Regards,

John Clark.

richardB

Re: External Gas BBQ point

Postby richardB » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:47 am

Can't comment on the 'regulations' usually the bbq point is teed off one of the three supplies that does have an isolation tap!
If you have another I would think it would be the other side of the wall to the outlet.
Some later ones have a tap where you plug in the bbq conection.I take it yours is the type where you push the ferrule back,push in the connector and release the ferrule,if so there are two types which look very similar.

limecc
Super Hero
Super Hero

Postby limecc » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:17 pm

I have first hand knowledge of this having just converted my BBQ point into an Autogas filling point for my new Safefill bottles. It's tee'd off just after the regulator and there isn't an isolating valve. I blanked it off at the tee.

If there's a problem getting gas out it can only be the tap on the BBQ point itself. You can have mine if you like, always preferred charcoal power personally.

Flyingscotsman1

Postby Flyingscotsman1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Hi all, thanks for your reply the fault was on the connector
Thanks again much appreciated

Return to “General”