Updates

General chat and discussions
markf
Administrator
Administrator

Updates

Postby markf » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:49 pm

The forum as you can see is back and running, just need to import the members

The gallery is back, all but a couple of photo's came over from the old site ok. Yuo should be able to login as normal. But I will be upgrading it tonight/tomorrow

markf
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Updates

Postby markf » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:04 pm

Just about done now bar spotting the errors, mistakes etc please let me know if you spot any.

Most of the site has changed in one way or another and it is designed with the thought that everything is contained and can be updated either automatically like the sitemap or at least easier than it was. It also lets you and Mel have a bit more control over what you update and when. A brief list is below.

Home page can now be updated whenever you want to
Contact Us This can have as many contacts as you want to add really, if you want the committee added you can
Links updated to the new system but it is set so that people still have to request a link rather than adding one automatically
Site map is generated each time new content is added
Search is powered by google on the main site
Membership I have changed this so people can go straight to the page and either create a pdf and print or print direct. This again is so we can update it easily rather than the previous method which took me ages

Club menu
Forums as you can see has been changed, that had to happen as the forum on the old site was no longer supported.
Gallery is updated and I have updated your upload quota, let me know if its enough
Committee is pretty standard
News can be updated if you are registered and have the right permissions

Other things that are a bit of fun.
Polls these can be different on any page and Mel or whoever can change them as you want
Colors: On the main site you can change the color of the site (if you want to :) ) colors are the default, green or orange. If you want to have a go you are looking for this icon Image at the top of the page (not the forums or gallery)
Or you can make the pages narrow if you have a small monitor

Thats about it for now unless you have any ideas.

Hope you like, its a good club please support Mel and make it even better
Last edited by markf on Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”