Cushion configuration for double bed from L Shape lounge

General chat and discussions
Webmaster

Cushion configuration for double bed from L Shape lounge

Postby Webmaster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:15 am

I have recently purchased a 2003 Colchester 560 EK4 and have tried with no success on arranging the cushions to make up the double bed I am obviously doing something wrong but for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is, at 57 I have managed to get round most things but this has completely baffled me please help if you can

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cushion configuration for double bed from L Shape lounge

Postby AllanandJackie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 am

Congrats on your purchase!!

Can you take a photo of your daytime layout, then show me (another photo) how you make the cushions up for the night time layout.
If we can't sort it that way we'll ask some owners through the website to see what they do to resolve

Webmaster

Postby Webmaster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks for your response,
I have currently got the van in storage and it may be a few weeks before I can provide the information you have asked for, the 560 EK 4 has an L shaped lounge with provision for a table on a centre Colum, remove this and pull out the slatted bed base from the longer part of the I and this then makes the double bed. Up until this point you are fine because you have the original cushions in place to make the L because the back cushion of the main seat ie the l is longer than the seat or not wide enough for the out stretched bed base and you only have the cushion that I and _ (L) to work with as the corner cushion is in three segments attached although this is gradual as there is a triangular cushion that goes behind in the corner. Sorry again if this sounds vague but if you have any members with a 560 EK 4 they will be able to visualise what the hell I am going on about but basically all you have in the L is, a half completed bed but I cannot configure the back cushions to save my life but if a EK owner has done it would be a great help.

I Longer part of L
_ Shorter part of L

This does not include corner base cushion or three part back cushion with corner infill cushion(this it what makes up the corner)

Thanks Allan & Jackie but if you do not own a 560 EK 4 then pass this on very quickly to any member that may be able to help as looking through the internet this question has come several times and nobody has yet come up with an answer.

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AllanandJackie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 am

I've found some instructions in a later model and think you may be a cushion missing....

To prepare the L Shape bed for use, proceed as follows:
1. Remove the top and table leg and stow in the table stowage locker. Open the under-bed locker and remove the fill in cushion
2. Grasp the handle and pull out the laths to the full extent of travel
3. Rearrange the cushions as shown, cushions should be face down. Always lie on the cushions back face (i.e. ticking face).

In the pictures it shows the short back cushion alongside the fill in cushion on the left, followed by the back cushion then seat cushion off the seat where the grab handle was, then the cushion on the L turned over in situ.

If this doesn't work for you we'll get in touch with our 560 model owners and see if they are configured in a different way. I'll also post it on the website.

Please let me know how you get on.

mixitt

Postby mixitt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm

I have a Volante 560ek. So that we no know the L is in the same postion. As you enter the van the left side has 1 half of the L then carries on round under the front windows for the other half. With the TV corner cabinet on the right hand side of the van.

NB: As your stood in the van looking out the front windows, I'm making the bed in a left to right manner

1) Discard the corner back support cushion which has 3 flats to it to go around the corner. There is also a triangle shaped filler that fills the void behind the corner cushion. Discard this void filler also. I normally stow these under the bed, when its made. this Also goes for the 2 arm bolster cushions if you have them.

2) Turn the base corner cushion over, also the base cushion along the side of the van. After removing you bed linen from the bed box.

3) Pull out the slats, the base cushion from under the front window is now turned 90 degrees so its running in the direction of the vans length not width.

4) Now lay the 2 back cushions in the same direction

5) This should leave a small space. The difference between to lengths of back cushions. There is or should be a little filler for this void which should be right next to tv cabinet.

Hope this helps, and makes sense as I'm more of a spanner man than a pen man if you know what I mean. If your anywhere near Oxford I'll be more than willing to show you. Either on my van or yours.

Good Luck
Ian

Max

Postby Max » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Has your owner with the bed problem been sorted out yet? If not I may be able to help.

You possibly know already but I have a Heritage 560/4 2006 model which may have the same L shaped design. If it has then by all means I can copy over the bed plan or discuss on the phone if easier.

There are five cushions on ours (two large seats and three seat backs). The three seat backs combine into one row for the bed, the second row being one seat cushion and row three being the second seat cushion. The corner (triangular shaped spacer cushion is not used). If you are looking at the bed from inside the van then the three rows run lengthways away from you.

SteveH

Postby SteveH » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks for your response I have sorted it thanks to your members help, but just in case you get asked the same question again this is how.

1) As from the one of your members there is an infill cushion measuring approx 14x6x6 hidden under the seat it is the same colour as the as the corner triangle infill and appears to have no apparent use.
2) Remove the window cushion from beneath the long window, this is secured by a large velcro strip and gives a feeling of unease when removed but it does come off.
3) Pull out the bed slats.
4) Now when you remove the two rear cushions to the L shaped seat the longer one now fits on the bed slats (because the window cushion is removed) with no overhang.
5) You can now place the shorter cushion alongside after which the hidden infill cushion(14x6x6) comes into play as this goes at the foot of the bed it does have to be tucked under the window blind casing this can be done either side as you can put the shorter back cushion down first and then the infill at the foot but again it needs to be tucked under the left hand window blind casing.
6) Corner three part cushion and corner infill are not used.

As this could be stowed away easily and with the varied amount of cushions used to make the bed I would recommend the purchase of a 4’6 mattress topper laid on top of the cushions whereupon you will sleep tight or gaze at the stars if you wish thru the heki roof Ahh happy caravanning.

Would you please send my thanks to all members who have helped in resolving this dilemma.

Return to “General”