Solar Controls

Many folks like to do a bit of DIY on their van, repairs, modifications etc. Why not share with others.
Flyingscotsman1

Solar Controls

Postby Flyingscotsman1 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi all, changed the control unit on my 640i now working a treat, thanks to Allan.

Attempted to remove a damaged rear corner steady due to broken screw nut but bolts securing steady to caravan are turning seems this will be a pain to remove.

I have been told this screw nut is a know,n problem to Al Ko that is why you can buy the nut as a steady part. Anyone know if the nut can be changed with the steady still attached to the caravan?

I bought the caravan with this steady damaged the previous owner told me he did it while jacking the caravan up to fit the AL Ko wheel locks with the steady in the down position.

Anyone know what day summer is this year so much for global warming ?

Regards,

John Clark.

AllanandJackie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Solar Controls

Postby AllanandJackie » Fri May 27, 2016 8:08 am

Try this, got it off google :-

http://www.myidealcaravan.co.uk/alko%20corner.html

Unfortunately you need to remove the steady.

Who in their right mind would use the corner steadies as jacks, think it's fortunate that they didn't go through the floor of the caravan.

Summer, didn't you know the Conservatives have cancelled it this year and holding the EU referendum in its place and if you don't vote for IN it will be cancelled for years to come!

Flyingscotsman1

Re: Solar Controls

Postby Flyingscotsman1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Hi Allan, the steady was a right pain to remove lucky for me a good mate owns a large garage with pits he repairs and M O T,s artics and trailers where we repaired the steady.

Both the 13mm bolts rotated but one of his fitters was able to get the nuts off using gas welding gear and then replacing the nut on the steady.

Would be difficult without this equipment.

The controller I fitted to the solar panel works a treat. Anyone who needs any information about the controller can feel free to contact me.

Regards,

John Clark.

Return to “What did you do to your caravan/motorhome this week?”